As a current Clinical Educator or clinical site, we hope you will find all the information you need within these pages. Please refer to the menu on the left to access the resources you will need when taking a student at your site:
- Documents and forms such as evaluations
- Our EXCEL series of online e-learning modules
- A special Private Practice Toolkit Module
- Information about our annual cohort placement dates and student skills per placement
- Resource material for Clinical Education experiences
- Last, but not least, our Clinical Education Manual – the most comprehensive resource of all!
To the left (under Workshops & Events) you’ll also be able to find out more about our free Clinical Educator Workshops (for those of you who are new to taking students or would like a refresher).
If you do take students (thank you!) we’d like to show our appreciation. Check out the Recognition Program & Awards link to find out how you can apply to our semi-annual Clinical Educator Recognition Program prize draws!
In the News & Archives link, you’ll find a page of archives for “Insight,” our triannual Clinical Education Newsletter.
If you have any suggestions for content on our Clinical Education pages please send us an email. We are always happy to receive input and suggestions!
Clinical Placements During COVID-19
UBC Master of Physical Therapy (MPT) clinical placements have resumed and are aligned with provincial guidelines to help ensure a safe environment for students, clinical educators and patients. Students are required to adhere to the COVID-19 guidelines outlined by the Provincial Health Office, the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC), UBC, and the Health Authority/Site in which they are on placement. Specifically, students are required to:
- Complete the UBC Return to Clinical Placement Module and health authority specific pre-placement requirements.
- Perform routine daily COVID-19 screening and complete the BC COVID-19 self-assessment tool prior to each clinical placement shift and follow the directions provided (BCCDC Student Practice Education Guideline for Health-Care Settings during the COVID-19 Pandemic, page 9).
- Ensure they are familiar with site and health authority COVID-19 guidelines and procedures.
- Stay home if they feel unwell or are symptomatic in any way, follow the directions provided in the BC COVID-19 self assessment tool and notify their clinical educator, site practice lead and Associate Head, Clinical Education (per Department of Physical Therapy procedures).
- Liaise with the Associate Head, Clinical Education and clinical educator/site practice lead to follow the return to clinical placement decision-tree and the BCCDC Health Care Worker Return to Work Decision Tree.
- Follow the BCCDC principles of physical distancing, where possible during educational or work experience. This includes adhering to distancing guidelines while on shift break. Additionally, students are equally responsible for adhering to these guidelines before and after their shift in order to decrease risk and possibility of exposure (BCCDC Student Practice Education Guideline for Health-Care Settings during the COVID-19 Pandemic, Appendix F).
Per UBC Faculty of Medicine requirements, UBC MPT students are not to provide care for presumptive or confirmed positive COVID-19 patients during clinical placements.