Welcome to Master of Physical Therapy Admissions
Thank you for your interest in our program.
Please take the time to thoroughly review our website and admissions requirements to ensure that you are eligible for the program and submit a complete application. We currently admit 100 students per year, and receive several hundred applications.
The MPT Program is based on a distributed model of education. Of the 100 students admitted annually, 80 will attend classes in Vancouver at the UBC Point Grey Campus and 20 students will attend classes in Prince George at the UNBC Campus. Students will also undertake 6 clinical placements throughout the program. These placements will be in a variety of settings throughout the province to give students an insight into the scope of the profession and a breadth of clinical experience.
Applicants are not selected based on the institution that awarded their undergraduate degree, nor their undergraduate field of study. We encourage applicants from a variety of academic backgrounds to apply.
MPT Program Application Timeline at a Glance:
- May 1 – November 1: Prerequisite courses are reviewed by request
- October 1: Application period opens
- December 15: Application closes for international applicants
- January 5: Application closes for domestic applicants
- January 10: Deadline for submission of international applicant documents
- January 15: Deadline for submission of domestic applicant documents
- January 16 – Mid-February: Applications are reviewed and evaluated
- End of February: Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) invitations are sent via email to qualified applicants
- First week of March (exact date TBD): MMIs are conducted
- Mid-April: Successful interviewees receive conditional offers of admission
- is evidence-based
- utilizes an integrated, case-based approach facilitates acquisition of problem-solving, critical thinking and clinical decision making skills
- uses the Lifespan Approach
- MPT Curricular Map 2019-2021 Cohort
Major Areas of Study Include:
- Basic sciences
- Clinical decision making
- Clinical practice (musculoskeletal, neurological, and cardiopulmonary-vascular)
- Exercise and movement sciences
- Rehabilitation research
- State-of-art, videoconferencing-enabled plinth labs and lecture theatres
- Student Break-out rooms for Clinical Practice and study
- UBC’s Physiotherapy and Research Clinic offers clinical placements to MPT students
- Student Lounge and Lockers