Guide to Applying to the Master of Physical Therapy Program
We have recently made some changes to our website, please follow the instructions below to guide you through our updates.
- Review the Admission Requirements for Domestic Applicants or Admissions Requirements for International Applicants to determine if you are eligible for admission to the program.
- Review the Updates for Applicants section for any updates from the admissions office. Please note that it is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor the Updates for Applicants section for the most up-to-date information pertaining to the admissions requirements for the MPT program.
- Review the FAQ Section for any questions you may have about admissions process.
- Once you have confirmed that you are eligible for admission, please visit the How to Apply? page and the Required documents for application page to find out what you will need to prepare for the application.
- Once you have reviewed all the information above and you have prepared all necessary documentation, please submit an application online using the Graduate Studies Online Application. It is advised that you have the How to Apply? page open as you are completing the application.
The application for September 2019 is now closed, and the application for September 2020 will open September 2019.
Application Timeline for International & Domestic Applicants (2019 program intake)
- October 5, 2018: Application opens for both domestic and international applicants. Please visit the “How to Apply?” page for more information about the application process.
- November 1st, 2018: Deadline for all prerequisite course review requests to be submitted through the Prerequisite Course Review Request form. Late requests will not be accommodated.
- December 14th, 2018: Application closes for international applicants to have submitted an application.
- January 5, 2019: Application closes for all domestic applicants.
- January 9th 2019: Document submission deadline for international applicants.
- January 15, 2019: All documents must be uploaded onto the Graduate Studies Online Application system. All supplemental application fees must be received by the department. For a complete checklist of the documents required of applicants, please visit the “Required Documents for Your Application” page. With the exception of the practical experience reference, we will not accept documents mailed to the office, or dropped off in person.
- January 16, 2019 – mid February 2019: Admissions evaluations are in-progress for all eligible candidates. Please do not call or email our office during this time to inquire about your application status. We will not accept late applications or late documentation. Applications that are not complete by the stated deadline will not be considered for admissions for that cycle.
- Mid to end of February 2019: Invitations are sent out to applicants who qualified for an interview
- March 8 2019: Date of MMI Interview for all invited applicants.
- March 2019: Final admissions evaluations are in-progress for all interviewed candidates. Please do not call or email our office during this time to inquire about your application status.
- Mid April 2019: Final admission decisions are sent out to all interview applicants. Conditional offers of admission are sent out to all successful applicants. Wait-listed applicants are also notified.
- Mid April – end of August, 2019: Admitted students are required to submit their official transcripts directly to the Faculty of Graduate and Post-doctoral Studies in order to fulfill the conditional offer of admission requirements.
- Mid April – end of August, 2019: Admitted students are required to complete registration forms for the program.
- Last week of August or 1st Week in September, 2019: Mandatory Orientation Week for all admitted students (schedule TBA). Attendance at Orientation Week is mandatory and all students are required to attend.
Admission to this program is extremely competitive. Due to limited staffing and the high number of applicants, unfortunately the Department of Physical Therapy cannot provide individual advising, either through email, phone, or in-person. Please thoroughly review our detailed website for all admissions related questions. If you feel your question is not answered by our website, please email your question to email@example.com.