1952 Bay Street
Victoria, BC V8R 1J8
Welcome message from site
We welcome PTstudents at the Royal Jubilee Hospital and have certainly enjoyed having students here over the years!! We really like it when they come back to work here, too!
Patient population description:
- Acute care placements may include experience on the following units: medical (including Medical Assessment Unit and renal), orthopedics, skin and wound care (including burns), ICU,respiratory (including thoracic surgery), cardiology and cardiac surgery (including CVU). Students may occasionally be placed with the Geriatric Evaluation and Management team, which works with seniors on various acute care wards.
- Rehab placements may occur on Orthopedics (including amputees).
- OP services include OP Orthopedics (including breast surgery lymphaedema) and OP Cardiac and Respiratory Rehab and the Enhanced Amputee OP program.
Physiotherapist expertise on site (special interests, degrees, certificates, etc.):
Many of our therapists have years of experience in our specialized areas.
These types of learning opportunities may be available at this site:
- Students are welcome to join us for any inservices.
- We can occasionally arrange surgical viewing or visits to the community.
Possible Interprofessional opportunities at this site:
All of our therapists work closely with professionals from other disciplines on all of our services. There may be RA or OT students here at the same time.
For information on pre-placement requirements and orientation please refer to the specific health authority listing, found here.
If you need to update your current site profile please send an email with the updated information.