We have received UBC Board of Governors approval to offer a Graduate Certificate in Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapy (GCOMPT) course. Completion of this course will grant learners Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy (CAMPT) status.
- Equivalent to the Orthopaedic Division (CPA) syllabus (Level 3 upper and lower, through to the Advanced Diploma in Manual and Manipulative Therapy).
- Taught by experienced clinicians and instructors.
- Flexible clinical mentorship assignments with an approved FCAMPT-designated therapist of your choice.
- Core curriculum delivered part-time over 1 year.
- A mixture of online and face-to-face learning. In-class sessions will feature a maximum of 10 learners per instructor and will be held at the UBC Vancouver campus
Meet the Team
Carol Kennedy has been an instructor in the Orthopaedic Division Manual Therapy Course System for over 30 years. She became a Clinical Specialist in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy in 2012 and recently received the Golden Hands Award, which recognizes exceptional orthopaedic physiotherapists who exemplify the commitment to the profession in manual therapy, education, mentorship and research.
May Nolan has been practicing and teaching physiotherapy for more than 20 years. She is a fellow of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapists (FCAMPT) and the recipient of the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia’s award of excellence in education and the UBC Faculty of Medicine Clinical Faculty Award for Excellence in Community Practice Teaching.
Jan Lowcock is the Continuing Professional Development Coordinator for UBC’s Department of Physical Therapy and has taught manual therapy for 28 years. She has served as an instructor and Chief Examiner for the Orthopaedic Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) and as an online instructor in the MClSc program at Western University. In 2013, Jan won the Golden Hands award.
More information can be found here