1. Before you begin
Review the required documents for your application page and ensure you have prepared all of the necessary documents.
2. Start an application online
Start an application online through the Faculty of Graduate and Post-doctoral Studies online application system. You will need to create a new CWL account if don’t already have one. Existing UBC students can login using their current CWL credentials.
3. Prepare your documents for upload
When completing the online application, you will be prompted to upload specific documentation. Before you submit any documents, please review the document upload instructions below.
Questions on the online application will specify which documents need to be uploaded. Each upload question will only allow ONE file upload.
- If the question requests multiple documents, you will have to combine all the documents into one file in the correct format before uploading
- Accepted document formats: PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG or GIF files, or zip files containing PDF and MS Word files only. Any other file types will not be accepted. If your uploaded document is in an accepted format, but is unreadable or corrupt, you will be asked to re-upload your documentation. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide clear documentation that can be used in the application evaluation process.
4. Upload your transcripts
You are required to submit the most recent official final transcripts from all post-secondary institutions that you have attended (except UBC) as well as high-school transcripts and AP/IB credits (if applicable). For more information please review our required documents for your application page.
- Please make sure that transcripts are the most updated copy and have an issue date after January 2015 for applications to the program for September 2019.
- If you are currently in the last year of your undergraduate degree, submit only your most recent transcript that contains all final grades for the September – December term. Any transcripts missing the final grades of the most recent semester will not be considered and will result in the disqualification of your application.
- Ensure you upload all high-school and AP/IB credits (if applicable)
Please note that the new online application system will allow transcripts to be uploaded onto your application after the application has been submitted. You have until the document deadline to submit all of your documents.
5. Provide details of your English Language Proficiency Examination results
If applicable, the application system will ask if you have completed acceptable English language proficiency tests.
All applicants who completed their degree in an university outside Canada in which English is not the primary language of instruction must provide results of an English language proficiency examination as part of their application. Tests must have been taken within the last 24 months at the time of submission of your application. For more information, refer to the Admission Requirements for Domestic Applicants or Admissions Requirements for International Applicants.
6. Indicate if you will be applying for the Northern and Rural Cohort and complete the application if necessary
If you are applying to be a part of the Northern and Rural Cohort (NRC) please ensure that you indicate your interest on your online application when prompted. You will also need to complete and submit a supplementary application for the Northern and Rural Cohort by the application deadline. Applications received after this time may not be considered for admission in the NRC cohort.
The application for the Northern and Rural Cohort can be found at Northern Rural Remote Lived Experiences Form 2018 and Northern Rural Cohort Application Form 2018. Both forms must be completed and uploaded to the online application by the January 15 2019 deadline. Please see the Help Guide for detailed instructions of how to fill out the application.
7. Provide the contact information of your referees
As part of the application process, you are required to submit the contact information of three referees. Two of these referees must provide an Academic reference, and the third referee must provide a Practical Experience reference ( Practical-Experience-Referee-Form-2018 ). Please note that referees are only notified by the system to provide an electronic reference AFTER you have submitted your application.
8. Submit your application
Once you have completed all of the necessary sections of the application form and uploaded the required documentation, pay the online application fee and submit your online application.
It is highly recommended that you submit an application as soon as possible. The admissions office suggests that the latest by which your application should be submitted is December 14 as referees will be notified to submit a electronic reference only after you have submitted an application. Please note that transcripts can be uploaded onto your application after it has been submitted.
[table id=3 /]
9. Pay all Application Fees
The Application fee and the Supplemental Application Fee must be paid at the time of application via the Evision online application system.
10. Check the status of your application
After submitting your application, it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all supporting materials are submitted by the application deadline.
You can check the status of your application and supporting materials through the online application system. Please do not contact the department office for an update on the status of your application.
Admission to this program is extremely competitive. Due to limited staffing and the high number of applicants, unfortunately the Department of Physical Therapy cannot provide individual advising, either through email, phone, or in-person. Please thoroughly review our detailed website for all admissions related questions. If you feel your question is not answered by our website, please email your question to email@example.com. Although we will respond as efficiently as possible, please note there may be a considerable delay in responding to your email. Thank you for your understanding.
Please note that all communication and interactions with the Department are considered part of the admission process and are taken into account when considering applicants for admission. Admission may be denied to applicants who communicate in an unprofessional manner or who act in an inappropriate manner during the admissions process, regardless of academic or interview standing.