It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor this page for the most up-to-date information pertaining to the admissions requirements for the MPT program.
- Beginning with the September 2016 entrance, the Department of Physical Therapy will accept up to 8 international students per year into the Master of Physical Therapy program. More information about the application process for international students can be found on our International Applicants page.
- Starting from the 2015 admissions cycle for the September 2016 intake, UBC courses IHHS/SPPH 300, 301, 302, 400 (now SOWK 451), 401, 404, 406, 407, 409, 410 and 411 will no longer be used towards an applicant’s Competitive MPT Admissions GPA Calculation if these courses fall within the most recent 30 credits of upper level courses taken.
Updates made to the MPT Admissions requirements for the September 2016 intake
- Chemistry prerequisite: The Master of Physical Therapy application will no longer require applicants to submit a Chemistry course as a prerequisite requirement.
- English prerequisite: The Department will require all applicants to have an English General course (3 credits) prerequisite. The course must have an assessment of reading, writing and essay composition. This course must be taken at University or College level in order to be acceptable for application. A minimum of 72% is required.
- AP/IB credits: Applicants who have completed approved AP exams and/or IB credits, and who have achieved the minimum scores listed in the chart below, may use these credits to satisfy the prerequisite requirements for English, Physics, Psychology and Statistics . If AP or IB credits are to be used to satisfy a prerequisite that will be used in the calculation of the admissions GPA, the percentage conversion of these scores will follow the conversion charts provided by UBC Enrollment Services.
|Subject||Minimum AP score||Minimum IB score|
|English||4||5, Higher level|
|Physics||4||6, Higher level|
|Psychology||4||5, Higher level|